BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Juli's Jewels

   I was so excited when I found out that I was going to be able to review a pair of earrings from Juli's Jewels. I am in total awe of the talent Juli Nocita has for creating jewelry. She is one of the most creative artists I have come across in a while, her pieces are works of art. Wearable art! 

I got these beauties in the mail yesterday and I am totally in love with them! the antique brass makes the cobalt blue crystals pop. The color is so vibrant but not overpowering. Measuring at 2 inches long from the top of the ear wire to the bottom of the crystals these earrings are a stunning example of Juli's craftsmanship. I am a huge fan of earrings as most of you know, but until now I have never had a pair of chandelier earrings and I must say they are awesome! They can be dressed up or dressed down to suit the occasion. they look heavy, but are surprisingly light and within minutes I forgot i was wearing them until people started complimenting them.
Juli Nocita doesn't make just earrings, she makes bracelets, necklaces and rings as well.

Check out these awesome arm cuffs she made! For some reason I think of Dr. Who when I see them.
   Out of all of the amazing pieces that I have seen on Julis Jewels I think this is my all time favorite! I absolutely adore the contrasted colors, the masculine of the metal, paired with the feminine splash of colors and flowers. I can't get over how different each element is and yet they they come together with such beauty, It's truly stunning.

Here is the woman behind all the awesome! Meet Juli Nocita-
Here is a blurb about the fabulous Ms. Juli that I found on her Art Fire shop~
   
 " Juli grew up a shy, middle child and is a woman of few words whose jewelry speaks volumes about herself, her feelings and her perspective on the world. A modern alchemist of design, she melds industrial imagery and organic aesthetics together to create new and unique designs. Juli's love for asymmetrical design was immediately made apparent in her very first bead craft: a pair of mismatched earrings created when she was sixteen. She developed her eclectic style by reading about and experimenting with every style and technique she could get her hands on, from stitched bead jewelry to riveted metals and from wire wrapping to precious metal clays. No matter what Juli creates, her sense of humor & fun, love of the craft and sense of style come through."

One thing is for sure, Juli is a unique, creative artist, and you are sure to find something for everyone!
   

0 comments: